Position: Coordinator of Student and Family Services
The Coordinator of Student and Family Services will lead the school’s efforts to create a positive, structured, disciplined school culture focused on character development and parental involvement. This position will collaborate and work closely with the Guidance Counselor and classroom Teachers.
- Enforce all school policies within Capitol West Academy (CWA) and school community
- Work with the Guidance Counselor to ensure students have excellent attendance and develop and implement plans to ensure students complete homework
- Work closely with classroom teachers to ensure students show dramatic achievement gains to meet performance targets
- Ensure teachers set extremely high and consistent behavioral and academic expectations and ensure rigorous curriculum and interventions are in place
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for each of the students displaying chronic discipline issues
- Set focus on character education with staff and students
- Ensure school climate is conducive to involving parents and families in their children’s education
- Provide appropriate supervision and guidance to staff
- Master’s degree in Education or Education Administration or a related field or currently enrolled in program
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Valid Teaching License, Certification in Administration preferred
- Prior leadership or supervisory experience preferred
- Strong proactive skills in developing school culture
- Ability to develop and implement effective student behavior systems
- Understanding of nuance of urban school environment and culture
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Member of CWA Leadership Team
- Supervises Classroom Teachers, PE Teacher, Art Teacher, Instructional Aides
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume to Donna Niccolai-Weber, Executive Director at DNiccolai-Weber@cwacademy.org.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minority/Females/Handicapped/Veteran