Human Resources assists job candidates with positions at Capitol West Academy.
If you are interested in applying for a position with Capitol West Academy, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Executive Director, Donna Niccolai-Weber, at DNiccolai-Weber@cwacademy.org.
Open positions are as follows:
Dynamic, innovative and professional teacher to teach grade K4 beginning in the fall of 2017. “Rigorous academics and character development inspire lifelong learning.”
- Maintain classroom atmosphere conducive to learning using various motivational and teaching strategies
- Consistently enforce school-wide core values with an emphasis on character education
- Implement PBIS/strategies by recognizing and positively reinforcing appropriate behavior
- Provide detailed lesson plans in school format that focuses on common core standards
- Work collaboratively with other teachers across grade levels
- Analyze intake testing materials
- Develop academic plans that meets the child’s individual learning needs
- BS degree
- Current DPI Licensure
- Successful teaching experience
- Ability to adapt instruction to reach the different strengths of each student
- Strong proactive skills in managing classroom
- Broad knowledge base in several content areas
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Understanding of urban school environment and culture
- Part-time – 20 hours per week
- Reports directly to the Executive Director
If you are interested in applying, please submit your cover letter and resume to our Executive Director, Donna Niccolai-Weber, at DNiccolai-Weber@cwacademy.org.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.